This Search is provided as a FREE public service by the New York State Unified Court System.
This searchable directory is limited to attorneys who, while not admitted to the New York bar,
have registered as in-house counsel or legal consultants pursuant to the Rules of the New York
Court of Appeals and the Chief Administrator.
Part 521 of the Rules of the New York Court of Appeals permits attorneys
not admitted in New York who wish to render advice or provide legal services in New York for matters concerning the law of the foreign country
in which they are admitted, to be licensed as legal consultants, provided they meet the qualifications set forth in the rule.
Part 522 of the Rules of the New York Court of Appeals permits attorneys not
admitted in New York, but employed full-time in this state by a corporation, partnership, association or other legal entity, to register as
in-house counsel to provide legal services to their employers, provided they meet the qualifications set forth in the rule.
Individuals authorized to practice in this State under either rule must also register with the Office of Court Administrator as required by Part 118.3
of the Rules of the Chief Administrator. Registration as an in-house counsel or a legal consultant is not equivalent to being admitted to the New York bar to
practice law in New York. Attorneys who have been duly admitted to the New York bar are searchable instead in the
- This system and all data are the property of the New York State Unified Court System (UCS).
- Data may not be mined or sold, or used in any pay-for-use application, without the express written permission of UCS.
- This site may not be accessed by any automated program ("bot") for the purpose of extracting data for any use.
- This site may not be directly linked to by any website without the express written permission of UCS.
- Unauthorized use or attempted unauthorized use of this system may subject you to appropriate disciplinary action and criminal or civil penalties.
If you continue, it will mean that you have read and accept the above terms and conditions.
You must have cookies enabled and allow pop-ups to access this website.
In the space below, type the letters appearing in the picture.